Note: During this program you must also do 10 minutes of abs each day.
Since you’ll be working each body part once every three days, this ensures that you are allowing enough time for a full recovery.
This is how your week’s layout will look:
Chest and back
* Bench Press
* Incline press
Perform four sets of 8-12 reps each.
* Chin-ups, done to fatigue (progressively working up to doing 50 reps at a time)
* Bent-over rows, four sets of 8-12 reps
* Deadlifts, three sets consisting of 10, then 6, then 4 reps
Shoulders, upper arms and forearms
* Barbell clean and press, four sets of 8-12 reps
* Dumbbell lateral raises, four sets of 8-12 reps
* Heavy upright rows, three sets of 10, 6, 4 reps to failure
* Push-presses, three sets of 6, 4, 2 reps to failure
* Standing barbell curls, four sets of 8-12 reps
* Seated dumbbell curls, four sets of 8-12 reps
* Close-grip press, four sets of 8-12 reps
* Standing triceps extensions with barbell, four sets of 8-12 reps
* Wrist curls, four sets of 8-12 reps
* Reverse wrist curls, four sets of 8-12 reps
Thighs, calves and lower back
* Squats, four sets of 8-12 reps
* Lunges, four sets of 8-12 reps
* Leg curls, four sets of 8-12 reps
* Standing calf raises, five sets of 15 reps each
* Straight-leg deadlifts, three sets of 10, 6, 4 reps to failure
* Good mornings, three sets of 10, 6, and 4 reps to failure
*Note that for abdominal training, you should alternate between crunches and reverse crunches, performing five sets of 25 reps every single day you train. *
On the seventh day of the week you are to rest completely and allow your body a chance for full recovery.
After you’ve been doing this Arnold Schwarzenegger workout program for a while, you can focus on starting to incorporate more advanced techniques into your program such as forced reps, partial reps, isolation training, negative reps, forced negatives, and cheating reps.
For those who have a hard time gaining weight, he advises that they should:Eat 5-6 smaller meals a day
Eat carbs half an hour after exercising
Rest at least 3 days a week
Sleep 8 or more hours a day Eat 30 to 50 grams of protein with each meal every 3 hours
Not avoid unsaturated fats because they raise hormone levels
Eat between 60 and 100 grams of carbs per day
Eat no more than 3 eggs a day Substitute beef and pork with chicken and fish
Avoid sugar — it contains empty calories; eat fruits and vegetables for carbs instead
Use supplements and protein shakes to get the required daily amount of protein